Graduate Teaching Assistant – South East London
Graduate Teaching Assistant – Humanities – Bromley, South East London
An established and supportive secondary school in Lewisham are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to work in their humanities department on an ongoing temporary basis. The school are open to making this Graduate Teaching Assistant position permanent and also have their own Initial Teacher Training programme, which you would be considered for after proving yourself as a Teaching Assistant.
Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant isn’t essential, but a degree in a humanities subject (History, Geography, Religious Studies, Philosophy, etc.) is. The secondary school will be expecting to see previous experience of working with children in some capacity, so that you are able to build a rapport with the pupils in your capacity as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and you will have to show good subject knowledge in your interview.
As a large school with an impressive local presence and a fantastic network, there are multiple progression and professional development opportunities available should you impress as a Teaching Assistant.
The responsibilities of a Graduate Teaching Assistant include:
- Supporting lower acheiving students in order to bring their subject knowledge up to the expected level
- Ensuring that gifted & talented students are stretched with extension taks to further their knowledge and engagement
- Assisting the teacher with individual learning plans, classroom displays, etc.
- Intervention teaching (small groups of pupils)
- 1-on-1 academic support when required
Please apply now to find out more about the school and the role.