Help for teachers looking for somewhere to live
Do you need help finding UK accommodation? Relocation Genie helps you organise somewhere to live in the UK before you leave home.
One of the most common questions, Teach In are asked by our teachers relocating from overseas, or from other parts of the UK, is ‘do we help with accommodation?’
After much effort trying to find a reliable accommodation service for our teachers, Teach In are pleased to say that we are now in partnership with Relocation Genie. Relocation Genie can assist with organising a property in the UK, before you leave home. They can even help you sort your accommodation while you are overseas.
Who are Relocation Genie?
Relocation Genie is a family run business, with several staff members who have worked as casual relief teachers, and needed accommodation. They came up with the idea of organising hassle free accommodation service for teachers in similar circumstances.
What do Relocation Genie do?
Relocation Genie offer both short and long term housing contracts, 6 month to 12 month room only AST (Assured Short hold Tenancy) agreements, or a license to occupy.
They also provide serviced accomodation on a night by night basis, this is a much more homely option to a faceless hotel. These are similar to Air BnB but with more servicing – a whole apartment is hired / booked for a short term period (for example 2 weeks) and our teacher has full access of an apartment, with clean linen, towels etc and services you would expect from a hotel.
In an exclusive arrangement with Teach In, Relocation Genie now also offer a personal service to teachers wanting to rent with other teachers.
Where can I find somewhere to live?
Teach In work with Relocation Genie as their properties are located close to schools you are likely to be placed in. Relocation Genie typically works across London, Essex and Kent. However, if you are planning to teach in a different destination, simply let Relocation Genie know & they can help find accommodation in your chosen area.
What can I expect as a relocating teacher?
- Welcome packs: with information relating to your new destination, including the where, what, why and how’s.
- Meet and greet at airport with a chauffeured car service (for our international teachers).
- New home pack: which provide new teachers with room package which includes, pillows, duvet, pillow cases, duvet cover, towels, personal cleaning products, basic food items and loads more, which provides our clients with a smooth transition from moving overseas to their new home.
- We also have contacts with international freight and moving specialists which can assist with relocating home items from any country in the world to their new chosen destination.
- Concierge service: whereby clients can call for assistance with travel arrangements, dining and social experiences, and tour guides of the city plus many more.
- A stress & hassle free arrival into your new city
How much will this cost me?
- A room in house share will depend on location and size / room amenities. For example a large room with ensuite, within a modern professional house share, near central London will range from £650 – £850. These are inclusive of all bills, so all internet, gas, water, electricity, tv, council tax and cleaning is incorporated into these costs, and therefore make it very easy for our teachers as it’s one payment with no fuss.
- Serviced accomodation for transition periods (if required) will be based on nightly rates at the time of booking and location. London outskirts range from £60 – £120 per night and central London can be £120 + depending on the choice of where you want to stay.
- Other than paying for your accommodation, there are no additional costs for Teach In teachers using the Relocation Genie services.
Great! I am interested, what is the next step?
Teach In are delighted to launch this new accommodation package to support your teaching adventure.