UK School Terms
The British Academic Year runs from September to July and is split into three terms, with a one or two week half-term holiday in the middle of each. Each area will have slightly different term times, but approximate dates are listed below. Click here to check exact holiday dates for your area. Term dates are different in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Starts early September. Finishes third week in December.
- Half term break: End of October (1 week)
- Christmas Holidays: Two weeks
- Starts first / second week in January. Finishes early April.
- Half term break: middle / end February (1 week)
- Easter Holidays: Two weeks
- Starts two weeks after Easter. Finishes third week of July
- Half term break: End of May (1 week)
- Summer Holidays: Six weeks