Professional Development Sessions for Aussie Teachers
In conjunction with our upcoming UK Principal interviews, held throughout Australia in September 2017, we are hosting a series of free professional development seminars (with cheese and wine provided to help you focus!). These PD sessions are extremely useful for teachers interested in teaching in the UK.
The focus of these workshops is Behaviour Management in the UK Classroom.
Conducted by esteemed UK educator Mike Jones, the PD seminars will cover a range of topics pertinent to teaching in Britain, and will provide unparalleled insight into succeeding in the British education landscape. Mike is hiring on behalf of the Buckinghamshire County Council, a stunning part of the UK. Learn more about living and teaching in Buckinghamshire here.
If you are undecided as to whether teaching in the UK is the right move for you, these sessions will be especially relevant, providing invaluable and reliable information to help you make an informed decision. Furthermore, attendance at one of these PD seminars is also a fantastic way to add to your required number of professional development hours. The UK Teaching PD seminar will cover:
Professional Standards and Practice (i.e. how to behave as a teacher and what schools expect of you!)
The basics of getting the best out of students – including behaviour management and rewarding success
General information about the UK educational landscape
Join Mike & learn up-to-date behaviour management techniques from a current school leader. You will gain an understanding on what a UK Principal is looking for from Australian teachers, help in understanding the UK vs Australian curriculum and how to thrive and progress as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
UK Professional Development Seminar dates & times. Cheese and wine is provided at evening workshops, a light lunch is provided at lunchtime workshops. Find a workshop that works for you!
- Sydney: Monday 18 September, 6-7pm. Gravity @ Level 13, 50 Carrington Street, Sydney, 2000
- Brisbane: Wednesday 20 September, 5-6pm. Gravity @ 140 Creek Street, Brisbane, 4000
- Adelaide: Wednesday 20 Sep 1pm-2pm, Flinders University Education Building, 2.07, Sturt Rd, Bedford Park SA 5042
- Brisbane: Thursday 21 September, 1-2pm. Room 638, Social Sciences Building, University of Queensland, St Lucia, 4072
- Adelaide: Thursday 21 Sep 1pm-2pm, University of South Australia Magill Campus, de Lisssa Building, G1-50 St Bernards Rd, Magill SA 5072
- Melbourne: Friday 22 September, 1pm-2pm, Monash University, Education Building, Ground Floor Room G23, 29 Ancora Imparo Way, Clayton
- Melbourne: Saturday 23 September, 11am-12pm. Gravity @ Level 13 / 114 William Street, Melbourne 3000
- Perth: Behaviour Management Workshop, Thur 28th Sep 6pm – 7pm, The Hive @ 77 St George’s Terrace, Perth, 6000
Register now to attend a UK Principal job interview plus free PD sessions with educator Mike Jones – UK Principal of Holmer Green School, Buckinghamshire. Places are limited, so register below to secure your spot