GCSE/A Level Subject Content Writers
Are you a secondary British trained teacher with QTS, with significant experience teaching Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology to both GCSE and A Level. Can you write course content in one of these subjects to deliver for our new online Subject Knowledge Enhancement Courses (SKE’s)? Can you create engaging content for our SKE’s for our graduates embarking on their Initial Teacher Training (ITT)?
We’re looking for content writers who can help us write SKE courses to help our ITT Teachers prepare and upskill their curriculum knowledge through 8 to 24 week courses. You’ll structure and write content that’s engaging, practical and designed to accelerate subject knowledge in the specialist subjects above.
You’ll write content and will work closely with our instructional designers to deliver best in market SKE’s.
This opportunity would be ideal for an experienced UK teacher with a proven track record in teaching GCSE and A Level subject content and achieving great student results.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Write course content, following The British National Curriculum to GCSE and A Level in your subject area of expertise, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
- Create learning modules and develop content plans for each of these.
- Create learning resources from the web within a specific topic area to support student’s online learning.
- Edit and proofread your content.
- Work collaboratively with our Instructional designers to develop learning modules and content that fits within our platform framework.
Key skills, experience and attributes:
- UK teaching Degree and hold QTS
- Minimum 3 years’ teaching experience working in a secondary school teaching GCSE and A Level in either Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills with mastery of the English language.
- Able to produce engaging and credible copy from a blank page, including an understanding of how to adapt for different audiences and purposes
- A master at web search to unearth brilliant resources to enhance SKE’s.
- You work with cadence and have a proven track record in delivering to a deadline. Agile to embrace change and adjusting courses where necessary.
- Experience managing lots of tasks at once, able to prioritise your workload accordingly and work to a deadline
- You’re resilient and proactive, and thrive in an autonomous (but supportive) environment
- You get pleasure from doing a phenomenal job and going the extra mile
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in a copy editor capacity
- Experience writing education learning content
We can offer a competitive contractor rate and the opportunity to become a Tutor/Advisor to students participating in the SKE’s.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Teachin an inclusive and supportive workplace.
To apply: Please send your CV with a cover letter. Your cover letter should provide information on your suitability for this role. Closing date is Wednesday 2ndOctober 5pm. Please lodge your application by email to: email@example.com