Science Teacher (Experienced)
With a vision to establish themselves as a school at the heart of their community, developing knowledge and kindness, we would like to hear from Experienced Science Teachers looking for a new challenge.
There is an additional responsibility of being a Science Lead Practitioner, the ambition to succeed is crucial as there is scope to become Assistant Principal in the very near future as part of the school’s overall school’s development plan to raise attainment.
- Experienced Science Teacher (all specialisms considered)
- Have taught A Levels in at least one Science specialism
- Permanent Science Lead Practitioner role
- L4-L8 Lead Practitioner Inner London weighting
- September 2021 start
- Teach in the London Borough of Lambeth
- Proven track record of raising attainment within your career
- Able to support and train colleagues within the Science department
- Strong understanding in recent STEM initiatives
- Identify and organise appropriate CPD for departmental staff depending on where they are in their career
The Headteacher has made inroads in supporting his leadership team in improving the quality of teaching and outcomes for pupils. To continue this success, he would like to appoint a Science Lead Practitioner who is not afraid of a challenge and entered the teaching profession to make a genuine difference.
The appointed Science Lead Practitioner will have taught all Sciences to KS4 and at least one of the Sciences to KS5, and demonstrate a strong track record in raising attainment for their students. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be paid on the lead practitioner pay scale and have the opportunity to undertake the NPQSL course.
Based within the London Borough of Lambeth the school is near Vauxhall tube station allowing the appointed Science Lead Practitioner the opportunity to travel from across South London to their school. With a huge financial investment injected into each department, the Science Lead Practitioner will have state-of-the-art facilities in place at their disposal.
If you are an experienced Science Teacher looking for the next step in your career and believe that this Science Lead Practitioner role matches with what you are looking for, then please apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be arranged for shortlisted applicants based on your availability.