Teaching Assistant – Harrow
Proud of being one of the UK’s top performing primary schools, the Headteacher would love to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join his team as soon as possible. Within this role, the appointed Teaching Assistant will also help with welfare duties, when needed.
This role is suitable for an individual interested working with children and can demonstrate their abilities to collaborate well with others, take direction and understand how to support pupils learning and pastoral development.
Teaching Assistant specification:
- Permanent position with immediate start, September 2021
- Work with pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement with the guidance of the teacher
- Provide welfare support for pupils who fall ill or require first aid during the day
- Be able to administer first aid (qualification essential)
- Promote an inclusive learning environment
- £19,000 – £22,000 (pro-rata, term-time only)
- Be part of a school that never stops learning
- Join a diverse and multi-cultural environment
As a Teaching Assistant within an Outstanding school, you will be part of a school that strives for excellence. The ideal Teaching Assistant will be able to work well together with others and promote positive values to support children’s development into becoming global citizens.
The successful Teaching Assistant will have ideally worked in a school before, although this is not essential as training will be provided. What is essential is a can-do attitude and the willingness to learn from others and take directions from the class teacher.
With the capacity to train teachers, there is scope to look into joining a Teacher Training programme in the next academic year. This gives the appointed Teaching Assistant the opportunity to work closely with the pupils of this school whilst building upon curriculum knowledge.
Situated in the London Borough of Harrow, regular transport links make this school easy to commute for a Teaching Assistant based within North West London. With a commitment to provide every child an inclusive education, the appointed Teaching Assistant will have access to a range of resources to supplement their group teaching.
This is a rare opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join so it is encouraged for all interested applicants to apply ASAP. Shortlisted applicants that meet the criteria will be contacted within 24 hours. Interviews will be held for suitable applicants and therefore the post may be filled before the advert expires.