TIQ In-School Teacher Training
Train & Retain Staff with Teach in Qualified (TIQ). Get your school involved in the revolutionary TIQ in-school teacher training scheme.
- Create your own teacher pipeline
- Upskill your existing TA’s to attain QTS
- Gain access to our cohort of TIQ graduates
- Create a cycle of school improvement through training and development of new support staff and existing experienced teachers
- Nominate a school-based trainer to receive training from our SCITT provider
What is TIQ?
Teach in Qualified (TIQ) is a partnership between Teach In and a leading, well-respected training provider. TIQ gives your school the opportunity to employ promising graduates on a 2 year programme, via Teach In, which leads to them achieving QTS by the end of the second year. The end result is exactly the same as with other school based training routes – a high-quality teacher with QTS. The bespoke training course spread over two years gives graduates more time to develop into an excellent teacher.
- Your school does not need permission from the NCTL to recruit to TIQ.
- There is no limit on the number of trainees you can take on.
- No UCAS application is required.
Benefits of TIQ Teacher Training
If you choose to register your interest as an employer on the programme, there are a number of benefits to the school that are unique to TIQ, and cannot be found with other school based training routes to QTS. Your school will have:
- Access to our cohort of carefully selected future teachers registered for the TIQ programme;
- The opportunity to transfer existing graduates TAs to the programme (providing they meet all TIQ criteria);
- Access to a carefully designed training programme that can be adapted to the needs of your school and the candidate;
- The ability to start candidates on the programme at any point in the academic year;
- The opportunity to gradually release members of staff who want to start taking on more responsibility; and
- Minimal out-of-school training days, as most of the training is independent distance learning, complemented by extra training days in half-term holidays.
The programme combines school experience and teacher training.
The overall cost is comparable to other school-based training routes. The only cost to your school is an agreed daily rate, paid for each day the candidate works.
How can our school get involved with the TIQ Teacher Training Scheme?
- Register your school’s interest on the form below. Teach In recruit the most promising graduates, who go through a thorough screening process to assess their suitability for teaching. Successful TIQ graduates are matched to schools on our waiting list who have registered interest in the scheme.
- The TIQ graduate begins working at your school as a Teaching Assistant. They gradually take on more teaching responsibility, supported by a carefully designed and structured external training programme from our SCITT provider. We also include termly visits from our tutor to support your school-based trainer.
- At the completion of the two year in-school teacher training programme the TIQ participant will be assessed & accredited for QTS by our SCITT partner.
Register your school’s interest in TIQ now, and ensure you are prepared for the teacher recruitment challenges that school will face in the coming years.
Candidates wishing to apply for the TIQ Teacher Training Programme should register here.